Monday, February 09, 2009

75 - 50 = ?

Well, I just spent the last hour going through my entire blog. Yes, my entire blog. And no, I am not self obsessed. Its just that I've been trying to figure out how the hell I managed to write so much then, when now, I can't even bring myself to string together a sentence that isn't whiny or verbally challenged or that won't drive you a hundred blogs away.

The above three sentences took 4 days to write. Seriously. V-E-R-B-A-L-L-Y C-H-A-L-L-E-N-G-E-D.

There was too much that I wanted to say and too much that I want to say that I didn't and still don't know where to start. That's what led to the "Not saying anything at all" phase. A phase that I seem to have gotten a little too comfortable in. 

Plus its a little intimidating when most of you bloggers, can effortlessly express yourselves in posts complete with a passion that is almost tangible. I on the other hand, like to dwell on the fact that I'm not one of you'll.

Just to completely prove that point, I'm going to do the '25 things' tag that seems to be around everywhere! (Stupid facebookers who think they can steal the concept of the tag from us bloggers.) This is with a slight twist though, because I have done variations of this tag a hundred times over and to do it for the hundred and first time is a little much even for a veteran bore like myself.

So here goes...

25 Things I wish I could have told my 'last year' self. 

(Ignore the grammatical error in that sentence)


1) Put that slice of pizza down. Now.

2) Your immune system of steel? A horrible bout of chicken pox is going to break that down, so don't be so cocky about it.

3) You were wrong about college. It does get worse.

4) The unfathomable will happen. You will discover that you love to cook.

5) And guess what? You're actually good at it, even when you wing it.

6) Yes, being the brunt of all the jokes is what you do best. Get used to it.

7) People will keep reminding you that you are 'emotionally hollow'. Tell them to shut the hell up.

8) You become a serial downloader. (pun unintended)

9) Your year is obviously quite boring, since I'm completely running out of things to say.

10) You learn to procrastinate procrastination.

11) Humor, at least the conventional kind does not run in your veins. Deal with it.

12) Your socially inept behavior is often misconstrued as snobbishness.

13) Read more. No,not more blogs, more books.

14) Stop fighting with everyone. I know it exhilarates you, but stop. Its unhealthy.

15) Get off the Internet.

16) In twelve months, you will fall head over heels in love with a certain Anoop Desai.

17) And yes, you still hate rain.

18) Kareoke nights with the choir will be the most fun you'll have all year.

19) You'll get your temper under control. Are you shocked?? Me too.

20) Keep singing at the top of your lungs when you ride your bike. Its completely worth it, even with all those people staring at you wierdly. 

21) You'll find your soulmate.

22) Don't get so excited. His last name is Inspiron 1520. And his first is Dell.

23) Don't binge on popcorn at 3 in the morning. 'Popcorn Puke' is not fun. At all. Seriously.

24) Two words. Flickr & Twitter.

25) You will lose the ability to write. This is proof.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I have been a lazy bloggers too. I wanna do a lot but then...I think you should come to the next Blogoholics anonymous... I think all of us go through this phase.

ruthibel said...

ah you had me so excited with the soulmate thing... then to hear it was a Dell Inspiron... blah!

LOL@Blogaholics anonymous... where can one sign up?

amna said...

hehe.. i think this post proves that you still have it in you girl :)

Lavanya said...

Damn, that soulmate part got me all excited! :P :P

Anonymous said...

LOL, I could just copy and paste this as a post on my blog. I feel the exact same right now. There's so much to say but the words just don't come out like they used to earlier. I've seen people who started blogging after me and right now they have tons of readers and I have none. Doesn't really help the confidence. There are times when you get pretty excited about a new idea for a post but as soon as you see that editor, all the inspiration is gone. I keep making new posts and end up not publishing them because I'm not able to go beyond 4 sentences. Blah, such is life. I've stopped commenting on blogs too, for some reason I have been unable to comprehend.

Also I would've said most of the things you would've said to yourself to myself. Especially - " Yes, being the brunt of all the jokes is what you do best. Get used to it.", "Humor, at least the conventional kind does not run in your veins. Deal with it." and "Your socially inept behavior is often misconstrued as snobbishness." *sigh*

Anonymous said...

This post bears testimony to the fact that you CAN write, you prolly just need to stop being lazy!!! :P

Suzie Bee said...

Hindsight is 20/20.

lemon said...

@psuedo..
when is the next meet anyway??

@ruthibelle
ha ha..its a group the guy who wrote the comment above yours started, we meet up once a month.

@nags
:D i doubt it but thanks anyway!!

@coco..
he he he :P

@ish
you're most welcome to copy/paste it! and oh god ish, i feel the exact same way, i've got tons of half written posts, and when i look at them all, i just dont feel like writing any more!

@ki
:P ha, the laziness i doubt is going anywhere!

@suzi
sorry but huh

- Sugar Cube - said...

lol..nice post !

Anonymous said...

did i leave my stamp here too? i forgot men...

me forgot what i commented.. or was it moderated... mine being a classix example of diabetic amnesia...

Rainman said...

I haven't posted in a while myself. Two reasons - the more obvious one being laziness/procrastination, and the other being lack of sufficiently interesting encryption algorithms! :D
The second reason explains the number of un-posted drafts in my blog editor!

Vasanthan said...

i am a serial addict too, sometimes it is the only thing i look forward to in a week.

catmiester said...

ofcourse u can write, girl!
n ure good at it too!

re-read this post, n u'll realize

Divia said...

anywayz your good at writing(minus the laziness)need i say more.

anywayz i ve always felt like this from the beginning... but the procastinator in me pacified me saying "you will write only on things you cant contain within yourself"

he he he

Vadapoche said...

Really good post! It was a fun read.

Sheba said...

u deleted my comment?

Annabel said...

i'm the same... i've written hundreds of posts full of absolute crap... it's terrible! i'm aiming to work on it this year... don't worry, you're not alone!

The Keeper of the Keys said...

LMAO. I've managed to reach the stage where I take THREE entire weeks to read single blog posts.

Ab said...

hehe... choir? uh, well, i think yr writing just as well as you did maybe a year ago, which was wen i last visited....