Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some TV lovin'

Its so easy to let all the things that were previously in your life slip when you've got more important things that demand your attention. Please ignore the fact that the word 'important' in my life actually means TV. 

My download schedule these past two months have been crazy. Crazy in a good way though, cause it means more than a couple of hours each night of either spoilt brats from the upper east side, McSteamy, the awesomeness that is....wait for it....Barney or the hundreds of other characters that make American television so hard to resist. 

If American television on the other hand, awakens the gag reflex in you, I suggest you skip this post. I'm only writing this, so that when I read it 20 years from now, I'll know that the 19th year of my life was filled with all the normal things a 19 year old is supposed to do, you know, things like go out, have fun, party, drink myself silly and not sit at home happily devouring hours of TV. Yeah, I know that that spells loser, but you know what, I've come to terms with it.

So here's my schedule. I don't watch these shows on television, but download them. (Anti downloaders, your hate mail isn't going to stop me, so please note that you'd be wasting your time)


Monday:

Desperate Housewives

Yes, the ladies of Wisteria Lane are most certainly kicking up their skirts in their fifth year. Its got the usual, Susan with her man troubles, Lynette with her kid troubles but surprisingly each year the show just keeps getting better and better! 

Brothers And Sisters

In its third season, not as exciting as all its other hour long drama show competitors, but I've been a huge fan right from the start, so I'm rooting for this one to stay on as long as all the others have.  




Tuesday: Also the best day of the week when it comes to TV!

Gossip Girl 

(In a Kristen Bell's husky voice)
Queen B and S have patched up again and Little J has flown the coop, has she taken on more than she can handle?? Be careful of the friends you make Little J, they can take your life and make it go up in flames. Oh, and you be careful too readers, once this show sucks you in, there's no turning back.

xoxo
GossipGirl

Just for the record, I was actually called 'Gossip Queen' when I was in school, so its no surprise that I love this show.

How I met Your Mother

Seriously, do I even need to talk about how AWESOME this show is?! 

Prison Break

Ah, my Wentworth Miller crush, second only to my ginormous Leo DiCaprio crush when I was 10. 

But even if he wasn't in the lead, this show would still be as nail biting as it is, every single week! Four years running, and the breaking-out-of-prison theme still hasn't gotten old. Kudos to the writers, they have me and half the world hooked. Oh, and to you too Wentworth, you nail the 'smouldering-hot-intelligent-hot-sexy-hot-amazingly-hot' look in every single scene. 

Did I say the word 'hot' one too many times in that sentence? 

Heroes

Again, an amazing show, but I haven't really been watching this season, because it gets too confusing, and when you watch an episode, you have to go back to the previous episode to know who's after who and who's in which form and blah, blah blah. So basically, its just too much work. But, I have been downloading and accumulating them, so that I can watch them at a stretch and save myself the trouble of going back and forth.

Samantha Who

Only started downloading it due to my undying love for sitcoms, but honestly, it isn't that great. It isn't something you can rewatch. Come to think of it, the only sitcom you can rewatch five billion times and not get even a teensy bit bored of is Friends, and this definitely isn't in that league.

Its ok to watch when you're completely bored and have nothing else to do.






Wednesday:

90210

A spin off from the old and very popular Beverly Hills 90210. I remember this show so well, because my cousins were crazy about it. 

Anyway, the new one is just as good as the old or maybe even better. You could call it the west coast version of Gossip Girl, but I like to keep my 'chanel-wearing-boyfriend-stealing-back-stabbing-teens' separate from one another, thank you very much.




Thursday:

Lipstick Jungle

I didn't even know this show existed until I read the book, and as is always the case with me, anytime I read or hear about something new, I have to google it. Its like a disease. No seriously, ITS LIKE A DISEASE.

Anyway, when I did google it, I found out that they had made the book into a show (the book by the way is by Candace Bushnell, the same woman who wrote Sex and the City), and a season had already past, so being the rabid downloader that I am, I had to download the whole thing and watch it. And surprise surprise, it was pretty addictive.

Its on its second season now, and is doing pretty well from the looks of it.

Dirty Sexy Money

Along the same lines of Lipstick Jungle, but oh, so much more juicier!! True to its title, its dirty, its sexy and they are filthy rich. 

Its the story of a family called the 'Darlings'.

There, isn't that reason enough to start watching this show?!

Top Chef

Season 5 of Top Chef requires the same of you as it has in all its previous seasons. Never sit down to watch an episode without a plate of good food in front of you, because trust me, you're bound to get hungry. 

This show is also to blame for my ever expanding mid section.




Friday:

Ugly Betty

Now, who doesn't know of the darling Betty Suarez and her questionable fashion sense. Currently in its third season, Ugly Betty still seems to catch its viewers attention. I for one love Justin, Betty's nephew, and please, who can't stare at Daniel Meade for 5 hours straight. Other than you straight guys, that is.

Grey's Anatomy

I just have to say, Meredith Grey annoys the hell outta me. Do you find that surprising?

You know what else?

I don't understand what all the drama is about McDreamy anyway!!

McSteamy is way hotter!

If you didn't get any of that, its probably because you don't watch the show.

But maybe you should start.



Extras:

The Ex- List

A pretty decent new show that got cancelled after four episodes. It stared Elizabeth Reaser, you may remember her as the Jane Doe, Ava from Grey's a coupla seasons back.

The Starter Wife

It started off as a TV mini series, but continued on as a regular series. I watched the season 2 premiere, but am still in the process of downloading the rest.

Rita Rocks:

A new weekday sitcom that started airing last week. Its got Tish Campbell (the Mom from 'My Wife & Kids') in one of the lead roles. Its your standard American family sitcom a la '8 Simple Rules' or 'Hope & Faith'.



Yeah, I watch a lot of TV. If you guys need a lesson in downloading any of these, let me know, I'd be happy to spread the love, because after a long day's work, a bed, my laptop and these shows are all I need to keep me happy and if it could do the same for you, then I can be assured that i'm not the only weirdo in this world.


So, to sum this post up, I HAVE NO LIFE.

But you knew that already, right?

40 comments:

Narcoleptic said...

Can I please ask you where you are able to download such a comprehensive section of television from?
I'll bless you then.

Narcoleptic said...

Yeah, torrent's the trouble. I can't use torrent here. I was hoping you had some other secret means. : )

amna said...

I heard desp housewives but I watch it online, rather than downloading. Where do you download from (drop me an email.. shhh)

The only other show I watch in this list is Grey's anatomy, not regular, just a few. Meredith annoys the hell out of me too!! She sooo doesnt deserve to be the main character, or narrate the story, OR get the show named after her character.

I do think McDreamy is hot but who is McSteamy???

Anonymous said...

like seriously....stop consuming ur life with this shit...cause when it all goes away eventually ull realise how empty ur life really is....and by then it could be too late...ur probably going to say "i know and i'll deal with it then"....but take it from someone who's been through this....GET A LIFE WOMAN

Anonymous said...

TV! TV!
What's wrong with TV anyway?

Anonymous said...

Blog hopped in random.
'Maybe i should start',ha, but then i woundln start because i don't want to start ,because i kill time in adorably fancy , excellently interesting ways.
Girl, you have this eye for makebelieve humor.you got to trust me:-)

SM said...

hi
are you really downloading it or only in dreams

see you later
mitesh

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

U do not watch THE BIG BANG THEORY.
You should watch it...it is the best.

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

Don't worry. You'd be doing all this when you become a 20 something like me. Googling every new thing and downloading the latest episodes.

B&S

I am a big fan from Season 1 too!! In fact, right now I'm downloading sunday's episode. I hope this picks up when Ryan lafferty show up on the scene.

Dirty Sexy Money, The office, Mad Men, 30 rock, entourage, scrubs and boston legal are some of my shows.

God!! I am so obsessed!!

also, why is anon#1 such a big loser??

Anonymous said...

haha. i used to do just that...which explains why i dont blog.
then again, i got myself one today(a blog, that is) so maybe i'll quit with the viewing.

ah, who am i kidding? i'm 17 and it's loserland all the way.

Anonymous said...

All Hail the mighty TV
*Bows*

P.S. Heroes Rocks.

Mana said...

Lovely nostalgic post. Brought back the memories of my college days.

Can you post the link where I can download them n watch on weekends?

Ammalu said...

accidentally stumbled on ur blog . GRT reads..keep going !! me too a huge wentworth fan..u got tuff competition dere :P

Annabel said...

haha, we're exactly the same... i watch friends on repeat and d/l 90210, greys, heroes, prisonbreak, gossip girl, one tree hill... i'm only limited by my download quota (stupid quota!).

and i don't have a life either... but what can you do :P i'll get one another day!

Annabel said...

ps. mcdreamy over mcsteamy, baby! no question.

Anonymous said...

OH Yeah I Download them too. Currently watching Two and a Half Men.. Some of those look new to me. Yeah I will be downloading them. Thanks for putting up Photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a loong list. How do you get that kind of time? Or maybe you know how to manage your time, unlike me lol.

The Keeper of the Keys said...

Wow. thats a long list. maybe i should start downloading them too, knowing how i ALWAYS end up missing them on tv...Lets see, my wish list--gossip girls, heroes, and lipstick jungle
And yeah, how do you manage your time, like ish asks?
and like some anon suggested, you should watch The Big Bang Theory. You might just like it.

Anonymous said...

A long list, indeed. I usually watch my favourite shows on TV. My list: Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Scrubs, How I met your mother, One Tree Hill, Eureka, etc. (I don't have a life, either.) Maybe I should start downloading them, too.

And, girl, McDreamy is hot!

Rainman said...

I'm surprised House is not on that list of yours. I would recommend the new Knight Rider, but quite frankly, it sucks! Its not half as good as the original series from the 80s. Besides, a Shelby Mustang GT500 just doesn't seem to fit as KITT (for me, KITT will always be a Pontiac Firebird). And then there's Californication, with David Duchovny. Oh, and I used to watch this show called Las Vegas regularly when I was your age. A whole show about gambling - definitely something I can relate to! ;-)

Arundathi said...

nice of you to stop by my blog. its been tough blogging everyday but i'm part of a recipe marathon where the point is to post! :-)

the jalapenos were the ones from the bottle, preserved - can't find fresh ones. will let you know if i find it somewhere...

anudivya said...

Love love love Top Chef!

reliv4life said...

I could never find time to watch all of these...but I am hooked on desp housewives, gray's anatomy, pushing daisies...you didnt mention it, You better check it out! I only watch them on the computer...saves so much commercial time anyway!!

Silverstreak said...

McSteamy....sigh! There's a mention about him in almost all my posts, and about Meredith too, lol.

Gossip girl is seriously addictive, but I hate the N and J hook up! Ewwww! And I find Little J really really, REALLY annoying!

Tomorrow begins the 90210 download. Can't wait!

Though HIMYM got boring a few episodes into the 4th season. I dearly hope Sarah Chalke is the mother.

I also downloaded and watched the entire Roswell series, and that 70's Show!!

One Tree Hill, Prison Break got slightly boring. So I stopped. But yeah, I'm surprised too there's no House on the list.Or 24. That is also supposed to be awesome! And how can you forget Scrubs!!!

Lavanya said...

That mohinder dude in heroes is sooo hot. :D

Anonymous said...

Meredith completely annoys me too, because she's a tool. If she wants McDreamy so much, GO FOR IT and stop holding back! I bet they'll break up again soon, because they always friggin do!

And I love McDreamy, I think he's sexy. I just think Meredith is a tool lmfao!

I enjoy watching Gossip Girl too, you should try downloading Greek - sounds like you'd like that too!

Anonymous said...

you do have a life dont lie

Abhie said...

Wow! It is kool blog to read..

For the author of the blog--

I am an Amateur.. And your are my another reason,
To watch more and more and more seasons!!

Anonymous said...

looks like i have finally found someone t relate to.. i too watch most f wht u hav listed.. :)

Anonymous said...

hey...wht about two and half men, one tree hill ? n ya check out carpoolers it nice too.. season 1 no. f episodes 13 only

Anonymous said...

hey...wht about two and half men, one tree hill ? n ya check out carpoolers it nice too.. season 1 no. f episodes 13 only

Abhie said...

Hey "Anonymous" I have recently finished 5 seasons of two and a half men. can you suggest me serial something of the same genre??

Abhie said...

And, i think season 6 is still on the air. Do you know if it is aired on any channel in india?
Thanks...

abhishek said...

no dexter, house, smallville, bigbang theory...these are awesome too

Unknown said...

Hey

man i love your blog.. and i share your likes of some of those shows and all- i dont have the time to download so i manage the dinosaur way of watching... on tv :)
Apart from those some of the others are really cool like boston legal, smallville and the older ones like friends and gilmore girls...
totally worth it.. and best way to kill time :)

Keep writing!!!

Rag said...

refreshiiinng was ur lemonade!!!
beautiful writitng!!

n btw.. so much time to watch so many sitcoms???

Michelle said...

Amazing Race/Amazing Race Asia! So you think you can dance!!!! House!!! Sex and the city!!! America's next top model! Oo even Kitchen Confidential is good...and I watch all of the above u mentioned! im such a sucker for tv shows :P

Anonymous said...

Hell's Kitchen is a more extreme version of Top Chef...much much more fun :D

Otherwise, a pretty comprehensive list you have there. :)

LaShaunda said...

I have no life either. I watch most online too. Try Dexter its good too.

Buls said...

Umm.. where do you download the shows from?? Plz tips.. and lessons needed