Saturday, April 28, 2007

Terrified of failure...

It seems like the rhymes seem to come..
Only when I'm sitting blank and numb..
The pages in front of me have nothing on them..

Is this just the beginning or is this the very end.

Had an exam yesterday...and I have to say that it was by far the worst exam that I have ever written in my life..not kidding..!! I'm sure that we've all done badly at some point...but I don't think I've ever done this badly...I was staring at the questions..and I knew that I had learned them..but I couldn't remember a SINGLE word..! This has never ever happened to me before so it was quite a shock..but I guess that I have only myself to blame because I starting studying only at around 3 in the morning...which I've never done before,so no wonder I did so badly..!!Damn you, INTERNET...!! Its all your fault..!
The poem..or rather the four lines that you see on the top of the page were written during the horrifying exam..during which all I could think about was that this would probably be a good topic for my blog..!!

p.s: Please pray that I don't flunk :(

And now to cheer me up (and you,obviously!!)...I was walking near Spencers the other day and I saw this Amul hoarding which totally made my day..!! :) I couldn't stop smiling for like 20 minutes after saw it..!! So I leave you with...the all new....AMULICKIN IDOL...!!!!!



14 comments:

`NEFTY said...

OMG, I'd be heated! Forgetting everything all of a sudden....ahhhh=O

`NEFTY said...

Oh && the new lay. is oh so pweety.

Anonymous said...

this exam forgetting is a constant with me i say!!! but its ok i am sure you will do well.. if you were nspire enuf to write those words then your answers would be totally inspired too.. and honey lemon, college exams are usually all like that.. you blank out a lot... well i did for most of mine anyhow!!!
amul was too good ya.. i can imagine you smiling over it.. what with you being in lou with sanjaya etc..

Nabila Zehra Zaidi said...

amazing lines you came up with at time of crises...

as for exams...3 in the morning..dear all this month i was having exams and refrained from blogging because of this but blogging is not all that is to internet...the BIGEEST distraction on the planet..huh...seriously DAMN YOU INTERNET...I would be online all night and try really hard to atleast flip through pages two hours befor my exam yet before leaving I had to bloody check my scrap before leaving for coll...yes yes its addiction :P ssssaaaaaaaddd

I am praying for to pass in all my papers...hope you all will do the same...PRAY FOR ME!!!!

curryegg said...

Don't be sad. I'll pray for you, hoping everything will be fine. I think your exam was hard too.
~cheer

bornfortheu.s.a said...

at least u managed to study...i gave my chem major without studying at all...was surfing the net till 4 in the morning and then slept till12 and gave the exam at 2...didnt even touch the book...no points for guessing...the exam was a disaster..

Irreversibly Screwed said...

all of us r addicted to the net.. dont worry... ull figure out a way to give exams like that... still have 3 more years to go... but dont u enjoy the thrill of giving ur exams without a knowledge of the subject!!!... i love it!!!.. the very uncertainty of life!!!... lol... ;)

lemon said...

@nefty
thanks man :) and ya..it was seriously scary..!

@chinks
ill try to get used to it man..but its gonna be hard..!! and yes..lets spread the sanjaya lou :P

@nabila
of course i'll pray for u :) and yes this internet..how much ever of a blessing it is...its also equally a pain in the neck..!!

@curry egg
thanks :)

@neo
i think its becoming a trend..! no wonder iit has cut out the net during the nights..!

@irreversibly screwed
aahhh..i hate it...i cant handle change or uncertainty..those two things totally scare me..!

Sig said...

Hey lemon - you always think you did worse than you really did - Have some faith - it'll be ok :D

That sign is cute lol - at least you could still smile afterwards lol :P

Anonymous said...

Hey there, thanks for dropping by my blog and the comment too!!

Somehow, I have the feeling you'll get through that exam....so don't worry too much about it...expect to see another post giving out the results of your exams soon. So cheers to that!!!

Sharad Mathur said...

when we think we have dune badly thats the time when we come out with shining colors.
be positve!
and dunt study so late, its never gonna help!

btw nice post!
sharad

Tucson Hydrocontrols said...

hehe.. im in engg n TRUST me.. blanking out is as usual as pink on ur blog!..

im sure ull do well!.. if not ull have suin to blog about!

:D
cheers!

Dipti Malhotra said...

hahahahahahhahahahhahaha YOU WERE THINKING THAT IT WOULD BE A GOOD BLOG TOPIC WHILE YOU WERE FLUNKING IN THAT EXAM!!

ok when is the result of that exam? do post the marksheet.jpeg :D hehehe

ok I PRAY YOU PASS!

Ab said...

ha.... the Amul ads are the best face of Indian advertising (rather the only thing that makes u want to see it again)
there used to be one near Nallis opp Panagal Park. It used to make my day EVERYDAY... and Im th kind whos looking for a laf any given time.... its just after reading this i noticed the on near Spencer... so that shud do