Thursday, August 16, 2007

moo

And no, this post isn't about cows!


I have officially resolved to becoming a more regular blogger..no more slacking off for this lemon!

Note to self: Now since you actually came out and said that, you better stick by it!

I grandly took off college today for absolutely no reason, and as is the usual case with me..I did nothing productive. Well, although I did sleep till 2 in the afternoon..so I guess that that's only thing that I did, if you don't count the little sing-a-long that I had with myself while watching The Sound of Music. I don't know what it is about old movies, mostly musicals..that makes me love them so. Screaming at the top of my lungs along with all the songs of course, goes with the territory.

I'm the kind of person who can watch a movie that I love a million times and not get fed up of it. I think I get that from my dad who happens to be a self confessed movie buff. It drives my mother up the wall when she sees us watching something we've already watched before. I think watching her get mad is half the fun of watching an all time favorite again!!

Speaking of favorite movies..Entrapment is one movie you do not wanna watch with me. I'd probably recite the next line even before it comes on, which would totally ruin it for you..and believe me entrapment is a movie that you wouldn't want ruined! Parent trap gets me weeping every single time and Dirty Dancing never fails to get me happy every single time!

I think that there's something about movies that gives you hope. Every time I'm done with a sappy chick flick I cant help but hope that my life would turn out with somewhat the same happy ending that I just witnessed (and cried incessantly for or with, whatever the case might be). Isn't is funny how chick flicks always end happy..and how the right guy always gets the right girl and how the girl just happens to be the cutest around and how the guy just happens to be the hottest around. Why is everything always so damn perfect?! Anyway..I have no clue why I'm even whining cause I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch a chick flick if I knew that it was going to have a sad ending!

I think the time is getting to me..I better get to sleep or else I might feel the need to conveniently bunk another day of college and use it again to completely establish my unproductiveness!

26 comments:

Linnea said...

Aw rats, I was hoping your post was about cows! Why? I have one. A crazy little Jersey that thinks she's a dog and loves to lick people, follow them around and play weird bunting games. I rewatch movies with my daughter when there are no men in the house. They don't like the same things we do - obviously. They prefer all the action stuff and we enjoy quiet romances like You Got Mail. We've watched that so many times. Anyway, good luck on your resolution to post more often.
Linnea

confessing7girl said...

oh girl i love the movie entrapment!! :D i probably could take u up on quoting movie lines! hehehe:D
i love the sidebar at the right , much easier to navigate! :D
good to see u more active on ur blog! :D i love reading ur ramblings! :D

Toriz said...

I have a good memory and can remember most details in a movie for some time after watching it just once. But, even I watch my favourite movies over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and.......

KAYLEE said...

OH I LOVE THOSE MOVIES:)

curryegg said...

I love the sound of music too! The story line and the songs are wonderful!

pilgrim said...

yay glad you're blogging again, n yeah love those movies :DD

Anonymous said...

Glad you decided to be more regular at this.

And musicals remind me of Coyote Ugly. It's a super movie. Watch it if you haven't already.

Anonymous said...

my email is kalie12222aol.com

KAYLEE said...

is that what you wanted?

Irreversibly Screwed said...

im a big movie buff too!!.. we once did an adaptation of Sound of Music in school once though it completely messes it to not have "i am sixteen going on seventeen".. im going to be putting up a list of my favorite movies soon.. and its going to be long!!..
btw ur post title reminded me of the new ice cream Moo.. im going to try it today!!..

Sig said...

Hehe I saw that! Great minds think alike no?

Good to see you back on the bandwagon :P

Unknown said...

even though i end up liking all the movies i see, i somehow couldn't get "the sound of music" into my system... must have been julie andrews haircut or somethin... and yes, half the tv viewing world (including me) live for re-runs.. yup... give me "gone with the wind" or "casablanca" any day...

KAYLEE said...

Yes that email is correct!

KAYLEE said...

can you resend it got nothing?

Sachin said...

Hey there, long time no see!! Hope you are doing good....from this post, it looks as if you need some feet stamping, whistling, shouting to pull you up!! Just kidding...

Go watch Chak De India when you can (if you have not already done it)...I promise you it will not be a waste of time.

Keep visiting...cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

send it to kaygirlyyy@yahoo.com

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Nice post.. I love those movies too.. This is my first visit to ur blog and im sure i'll be back to read more.. Have a great week!

amna said...

totally totally agree about the chick flicks. they do make you all 'ahh, my happy ending is on its way!'

and u took off for a day and did nothing? i am so very proud of you :D

Nikki Neurotic said...

I'm like that with the movie "Almost Famous".

Keshi said...

I dun believe in extra sappy Happy Endings anymore...I puke when I see one LOL!

Keshi.

Drama Queen said...

Why d'you call it "moo" if it isn't about cows anyway...what then...muumuus?
And happy-ending mushy movies are bull. ESPECIALLY if they have super-hunky lead stars. Give me a good old murder with oodles of blood all over the place ANY DAY.
Cool layout, by the way.

praveen said...

hi,
i havent heared abt those movies....but want to watch them...to know hw i feel abt them....keep rocking

Ab said...

oh u like musicals? great to hear... i havent watched any.. but I have the songs of most on my player... and I hear it every 2 days.. favorites are 'Grease' and 'My fair Lady'

abhartiya said...

hmm..i hvnt seen any of the above movies..and i so desperately wanna see the simpsons, transformers and budhar mar gaya :D

hv u seen white chicks?

i like your blog very much and i seriously would love to have a blog made by you..but looking at it i guess u make blogs for only girls right? do i stand any chance?

lemon said...

@linnea
you have cows? wow! i love ' you've got mail' too..especially the ending! :)

@confessing girl
shit! u like entrapment too?! make a trip to india and i'll make sure we watch it together. what say? ;)

@tori z
he he..i think its a girl thing :)

@kaylee
me too! oh but you knew that already..lol

@curryegg
the songs are beyond wonderful! u should catch 'my fair lady'..i'm sure you'll like that too!

@pilgrim
:) thanks! a lil encouragement always helps!

@ish
coyote ugly? really? how exactly do musicals remind you of that? the only song that i remember from that movie is 'can't fight the moonlight'!

@irreversibly screwed
wow! u guys did SOM in school..that must that been loads of fun..although not doin 16 goin on 17 would have probably taken a lil fun outta it! :)

@silvara
yeah..guess we do think alike..lol

@rejoy
u didn't like SOM? really? but i have to agree that ' gone with the wind' is awesome too!

@sachin
i really must find a bit of time to go catch that. thanks for the tip ! :)

@shalini
hey! welcome..and come back again! :)

@nags
he he..i knew you would be! lol ;)
glad to see you posting so often these days!

@silver neurotic
i dunno why..but sadly 'almost famous' didn't do it for me.

@kesh
come on kesh! m sur you secretly like them, dont cha? ;)

@mridhulla
'mmo' as in like 'moo point'..if you watch 'friends' you'll know what i'm talking about.

@praveen
you should watch them..they all are really good! :)

@ab
ooh..i love the soundtracks of 'grease' and 'my fair lady' too! :)

@wacko
i wana see simpsons too! too bad its left the theaters :(
and ya..i have seen white chicks..freakin funny movie!! :)
i'd love to help you spice up your blog..why don't you mail me lemonadedesigns@gmail.com and i'll see what i can do :)

arundati said...

hi lemonade!! rember me?? i have seen the sound of music 87 times and counting.....watched the dirty dancing dvd 20 times back to back when it was gifted to me last month ( i lurrrve patrick Swayze in this one)...so welcome to the compulsively obsessive movie watcher's club!!