Friday, January 25, 2008

Slightly unbelievable

So I get up at 1:00 pm, all groggy eyed with nightmare morning hair and the first thing I do is log onto the computer, check my mail ( one from shutterstock and one for some survey, seriously it is so pissing off not getting any readable mail) and then go log onto my faithful little google reader which also happens to be my secret lover, so sshh, don't tell anyone.

Anyway, I scan all the stuff that's there and then get to a post from ProBlogger, which announced that the nominees for the 2008 Bloggies had been selected..so I pop over there planning to go vote for the perpetually nominated Dooce like I always do, because she has made my life so much more meaningful. So as I scroll down to find her in one of the categories , my eyes skim over the rest of the nominees for all the other categories and guess what I see....like seriously..guess!!

It kinda is impossible to guess because the whole thing is kinda unbelievable!! I am nominated for Best Asian Blogger! How this happened, I cannot even begin to fathom but it still doesn't stop me from jumping up and down and from grinning so hard, that I'm scared my face is gonna crack.



Proof that I'm not making all this up even though its the most absurdly unbelievable thing in the world.

I have no clue who nominated me but whoever did, believe me, I am beyond grateful to you! It is a huge honour and I still can't digest the fact that it is what it is. I know I hardly deserve it what with my absence and all the random nonsense that I manage to put on this page.

Anyway, please vote for me if you think I deserve it, or even if you think I don't. I will be indebted to you. There's a link on top you can click on to get to the nominees page. you basically just have to choose it,and then choose all the other blogs you want to vote for (there are some great blogs on there, I'm not talking about mine) and go down, type out your email address and click submit. The site sends you a verification email with a link which you will have to check and click on. I know it seems like an awful lot to do for some random 18 year old blogger girl you don't even know, but I'm asking sweetly, aren't i? :)

So a huge thank you to those of you vote and for those of you who don't (though I'm hoping really badly that you do!) and to those of you who put up with me, through all the non existent drama that I somehow manage to create!

28 comments:

Michelle said...

woww lemony!!! m not surprised cuz this is one of my fav blogs :) i'ma vote for u fo sho!

amna said...

Congraaaaaaats!! :D :D I am on my way right now to vote for you!

Anonymous said...

hey Lemon, Congratttssss!!! I did for u !!!

Anonymous said...

hey Lemon, Congratttssss!!! I did vote for u !!!

Plain And Simple said...

Hi
Congrats!!!!
I will surely vote 4 u:)

Anonymous said...

Lemon, dude, that is so wicked cool. The person who nominated you did a great thing indeed. I voted for you too and so if you win, you're gonna have to give me at least $1 out of those $20.07. :P

Anonymous said...

That's what is called excellent! Congrats, this is just a beginning for ya
!

Vadapoche said...

Voted. All the best!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
:D

Congrats for the nomination, its a huge deal!

So going to vote for you! :)

Big treat if you win, ok?

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey congratulations....m sure must b such a great feeling :)
all d best

Kriti said...

I just voted =) Congrats, I'm so happy for u :D

Sneezy Melon said...

this is cool! voted :D

And do check ur spam mail please. I sent you one and I'm pretty sure where it must've landed

maverick said...

hey congrats on being nominated :)...shall vote for u :)

The Keeper of the Keys said...

okay...m going voting!!!!!

Lemon--YAY!
u r such comfort to all us 18 year old bloggers. seriously.

priya said...

don kno why yr so surprised.. think u deserve
an my votes for you :)

Dimple Nangia said...

awesome!
surely voting for u! :D

Pri said...

heyy congratulations on being nominated :)
and wish u luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Congrats!!! Im totally agree with her, your blog is wonderful!

Amandeep Singh said...

CONGRATS!

Just voted.
You shall WIN!!!

K. said...

Congrats! I love your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I voted for you!

:D it really is an honor to be a finalist in the 2008 Bloggies. I have to admit that I really was stunned to find out that I too was a finalist! Even if I don't win, it's an honor!

Sig said...

yay!! going over to vote now :D

Keshi said...

why is it unbelievable? This is a real natural place...I LOVE IT.

Keshi.

MeMyself_n_I said...

hey awesome!!!!!1 congrats girl, you totally deserve it. :-)

Anonymous said...

hey guys!!! thanks so much..means alot that you would actually do this for me!!!

thanks again!!! love you'll!!

cadiz12 said...

congratulations on the nomination!

curryegg said...

uuhhh.. lemonade. I am so happy to hear that.You know what. You're really a good blog designer! Keep up the good work dear... and wish you all the best...

;D

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cousin,
Why u din tell me?? hmmph..
needless to say u have my vote.

M