Friday, January 04, 2008

'08

Was all set to do the customary year end round up, but then realized, the blog was actually pointless if I had to do an 'end of the year' round up! Because..isn't a blog supposed to record the crapy misfortunes of my life instead of having to record as well as go over them again every January, which quite frankly is a pain in the ass! Yes, I know that the first day of the new year is as good a time as any to sit and reminisce and think and reflect over the past year but since I'm lazy, I'm just gonna pretend that I did all those things, while not even slightly attempting to do any of them.

My year was actually pretty good...so I shouldn't exactly be complaining. Sure, I whined more than the usual amount than even I'm used to, but all the whining and the cribbing , and the sleepless nights and the painful days paid off at last. You are looking at the topper of her class, people!! And yes, its my blog, my rules and they clearly state that I'm allowed to brag.(So don't give me that look!)

Things have been great on the personal front too. I've just been having a great year, so great in fact that I'm waiting with anxiety to see what it'll be that'll ruin it all. Yes cynicism has always reigned supreme in the head of this lemon. Cynicism and drama. Or drama and cynicism. I'm not sure which plays a bigger part.

I want to do all sorts of new things and make all sorts of resolutions to make this year better than the last but I know that if I actually do make resolutions, I most probably will break them within the week, and end up feeling like a failure, so why bother. (Yes the cynic in me speaks)

Anyway..as the years fly by, I'm getting older and not surprisingly fatter. It hard to believe that I'll be starting my journey to the big two O in almost exactly two months. Where on earth did all the time go?!

So here's to you my fellow bloggers..may this year bring you more happiness and joy than ever before and lets all root for me to get off this whining spree please. Its kinda starting to get on my nerves!

16 comments:

amna said...

rocking personal life and all eh? ;)

just one ques, why the same post posted under different headings?

Anonymous said...

Good to see you happy and all that, topper. Have a great next year too and here's hoping you become topper of the toppers..I know it doesn't make sense but you got the feeling right? Thats what is important.

Anonymous said...

lemonade,
ur blog theme before the current one was better yaar. This one is a little brighter..i mean...its problematic while reading... :-)

Anonymous said...

lemonade,
ur blog theme before the current one was better yaar. This one is a little brighter..i mean...its problematic while reading... :-)

The Keeper of the Keys said...

love ur blog...and your template(s) of course

Happy 2008...

Anki said...

i know the feeling... when u have had a great year... u know misery i waiting just round the corner... but i m gonna beat it... have a good one

shiverrrr

happy noo earrr :D

Kriti said...

Happy new year...here's hoping you never turn the corner where 'misery' is waiting..(lol that sounded weird, dinnit?)

maverick said...

hey..happy new yr..come acros ur blog thru another..cheers!!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! Congrats on being the topper! :)

Renovatio said...

These are key lines from a song you sing to yourself the next time you're whiny. You refer to yourself as the 'you', and the 'I'. It's the best anti-whine.

It's all up in the air and we stand still to see what comes down
I don't know where it is, I don't know when, but I want you around
When it falls into place with you and I, we go from if to when
Your side and mine are both behind it's indication

Anonymous said...

SEXY NEW TEMPLATE!!!!SEXY NEW TEMPLATE!!!!SEXY NEW TEMPLATE!!!!
:D :D

lemon said...

@nags
lol..i first posted with a different title but wanted to edit it and when i did i reposted it because i thought it didnt post the first time! :)

@ish
aww ish..thanks man.. :) but i dont think i could ever be the topper of toppers..i'm unfortunately not that person..

@anup
hey! :) i appreciate the critic..but i kinda like this template..no one else has complained..maybe the color setting in ur browser is too high..

@lost weasley
thanks! :)

@anki
horrible feeling, that is..no?
happy new year to you too!! :)

@wild iris
not exactly coz thats what usually is running in my mind!
happy '08!

@maverick
welcome!
happy new year to you too! :)

@cinn
thanks..happy new year to u too! :)

@renovatio
i'll remember that next time! :)
hey..and thanks for stopping by..

@coconut chutney
THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!! :D :D

lemon said...

@renovatio
i jus googled the words..and didn't realise that its from 'she is'..shame on me..'the fray' happens to be one of my fav bands!!

maverick said...

hey..thanx for the "hi" n the dropping by...hope to see u there often :)

Anonymous said...

@lemonade

:-) may b u r right ! If no one else has complained, then my criticism hardly counts. Lemme check my browser settings :D

Renovatio said...

I noticed you mentioned the Fray there, thought I'd check the extent of your awareness :p