Thursday, November 08, 2007

Post 4 - Lemon Sparkle

OKAY. MY BLOG. My RULES. Right? Right?!

Notice how the title says post 4 even though its day 8? well I'm changing the rules a little. Instead of trying to post once everyday which I clearly failed in doing, owing to my busy busy schedule (or so I like to think) I'm gonna make it 30 posts in thirty days, anytime I want. I think this makes the whole thing better as I'll be able to post whenever I want, keeping in mind the goal plus I also wont be forced to crank out readable material everyday which by the way is a lot harder than I initially thought it would be.

Days have been hectic, hectic, hectic. Even saying the word three times does not emphasize it enough.! However the past few days have been some of the best ever! Whoever thought that sitting outside in the hot sun was not fun, must be mad! You probably think I'm psycho at this point but thats ok.

Its Diwali today and I can hear the various bombs with all their fancy names and exorbitant prices explode. Gosh..some people seriously do have the knack of burning cash. No, I'm not against crackers..I mean I'd give almost anything to watch the fireworks display at Disneyland but spend your cash on bombs, now come on..that's just an unforgivable waste of money. When i was younger I was pretty afraid of crackers, the only thing I'd buy for Diwali was a box of Sparklers that I'd light in my balcony. The only thing that I liked about them was the way you could swish your hand around and write your name with it. That bit I thing was the best thing about Diwali. Well I'm not Hindu so there wasn't any religious affinity to the festival either so I guess that's as exciting and magical as Diwali could get for me!

Anyway..Happy Diwali all! Hope you guys have a wonderful day. And don't buy bombs, they really aren't something we should be teaching the kids, no wonder the world is in the state it is, what with people thinking bombs are fun and all!

PS: Don't you think the title was just genius. Got you to read this frightfully boring post anyway, didn't it?! ;)

16 comments:

cadiz12 said...

happy diwali!!

Sig said...

ur too cute Lemon :d

Happy Diwali anyways :P

Keshi said...

HAPPY DIWALI SPARKLIN BABEZ! :)

I love love love the title!

Keshi.

KAYLEE said...

happy diwali! thats a great idea! Things have been stressful here too lately :(

KAYLEE said...

btw I am still not fully recovered but,I am hanging in there lets say :)

curryegg said...

You're right. THe title is cool. Sparkle.. hehe...
Happy diwali to you again.

Anonymous said...

Happy Diwali, Lemon!

You're right about burning the cash. I also just sit and enjoy others burn their cash. But I totally hate these bombs I tell you, my head is pretty much about to burst like one.

Me said...

Thanks so so much for all your help with my blog. I'm trying to decide which template I want- I will get back to you soon. Your soooo awesome- again, thank you.

Dimple Nangia said...

Happy diwali!!
I can't take the damn smell of crackers, though i have to admit once upon a time i liked it... but it just suffocates me now..
watching the rockets explode is awesome.. my fav part of diwali (leaving aside the chocolates and the mithai :D)

Princess Banter said...

Happy Diwali darling! I enjoyed the holiday though I don't observe it... as my colleague brought in lots and lots of food that his mum made :) I will never say no to food, of course haha! Hectic life? Join the club! I just wish I'm convinced that it's all worth it at the end.

Pri said...

hope u had a great diwali...
i believe in a visual diwali more than a noisy one :) so no bombs for me...:p

take care!
hav fun!:)

Anonymous said...

hope u had a wonderful diwali! take care..

busy-writer said...

bendin the rules eh? :P but it seems fair enuf :D

happy diwali to u too!

n bombs ARE sorta fun! :P

Anonymous said...

sweetness!!! loving your entires more and more by the day!!
nice idea though I must say its an effing bitch to try and keep up with...
will look for a minumum of 10 posts by end of month?

much love

thetwins said...

Happy Diwali...

lemon said...

@cadiz
thanks :) hope u had a good one too!

@sil
he he..thanks? ;)

@kesh
hope u had a good one too kesh!

@kaylee
shit hope ur good now kay..you hang in there now..

@curryegg
thanks! :)

@ish
thanks ish!

@lindsey
ya you do that :)

@poison ivy
ha ha..thats weird , i used to like the smell of crackers too! lol

@princess
i so hope it all worth it..if you figure out the answer early..please let me know princess!

@pri
he he..i know!
hope u had a good diwali too!

@the lover
u too! :)

@project71
STOP SPAMMING ME!!

@busy writer
lol..i have to bend the rules! atleast im not breaking them no?

@lizzie
lol..no no..im gonna make it chinks..im telling you..

@the twins
thanks! :)