Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Random much?

Its very unbecoming of me to get serious on my blog. And also slightly scary. So lets revert back to the usual nonsensical crap that I so easily manage to churn out, shall we. Bulleted list of all the happenings in this little life of mine.

  • After many failed attempts of getting back into my former obsessive reading habit, I have finally finished my first book of the summer and am halfway through the next one. For someone who used to live in the library, practically the entire summer, the TV and the internet have truly wrecked havoc in my life. I'm not complaining though.
  • For a person who 99% of the time, thinks she's right, having to say "I was wrong, you were right and I'm sorry" doesn't exactly happen to be in my repertoire. This is definitely not something to be proud of, but it is something that I have been working on.
  • Being on the heavier side, shopping for clothes is painful to say the least. If I was trying to be descriptive.. indescribably, excruciatingly horrific would be an understatement. Now this shopping experience wouldn't be half as bad if you had a mother who say, was not that into shopping for herself or a mother who wasn't half your size. Unfortunately, my mother happens to fall into both those categories. So while the experience of trying on a billion outfits and finding that none fit you is traumatic enough, whats worse is your mother walking out of the store with more clothes for herself than you, even though you originally went to shop for yourself.
  • Sitting at home and lazing around is something that I have elevated to an art form. I should write a book on it. It would probably be a best seller.
  • I have horrible hair. Its curly one day, its wavy the next. It never stays the way its supposed to and is terribly tiresome...is what someone who actually cared would say. I have never been one to look after myself. I use zero hair products except for shampoo and conditioner, zero moisturizers and creams, zero makeup except for kajal, that is if I can find it. I'm very low maintenance in this sense, but I got my hair cut a couple of days ago, and trust me when I say, it is by far the worst one I've ever had, and trust me I've had my fair share of bad hair cuts. The worst part? It cost me six hundred bucks! If it were up to me, I'd have gone to the fake Chinese salon down the road, but no, my mom convinced me to go someplace "nice", because I don't cut my hair too often. And that is the story of the worst hair cut. That and being called 'Simba' because of my wild mane.
  • I love my google reader, have I ever mentioned that before. Its the first thing I check in the morning, and the last thing I check before I go to sleep. Yes, I realize I need some sort of detox, but I don't want any and its a choice I'm happy to make. I subscribe to over 120 blogs ranging from personal blogs to tech blogs to design & photoshop blogs to cooking blogs to celeb blogs to pop culture blogs to craft blogs. Basically my point is, I read A LOT of blogs, but I've come to notice that it is never enough. I spend the whole day refreshing the page, because I read them all so quickly and I'm left wanting more, which isn't exactly possible because not many people update more than once a day. Anyway, the bottom line, I need more blogs to read. I love going to other people's blogs and stumbling upon other blogs, but that gets tiring after awhile. I know there are a lot of people who read this site and don't comment. I want to read your blogs! You don't ever have to comment again, just this once to leave your blog address behind, so I'll have more stuff to read. Its only fair! powerdrunk.blogspot.com...I'm talking to you! Send me an invite will you, I'd love to read! To people who already comment, I read all your blogs and love them all!

It took a week to post this cause I'd sit down everyday and write only one point.
I think I can proudly claim the title of queen of procrastination after this, don't you?

41 comments:

Bungz said...

Oh, i love the reader too! What's more nice is iGoogle where you can embed reader window too...

I totally empathize with you about shopping... I used to feel the same way till i visited consumer capital of the world (USA).

And yeah, we should meet up...

the3daymonk said...

Whatever...

the3daymonk said...

LOL... Nice post!

Animated Junk said...

Readin habit,,oh i suffer that too, especially wen i got into readin blogs, its tuff to get bak to readin a book, n for sum wierd reason, i do hav a feelin the quality of authors is declining.
Shoppin.. its more than a year i got myself a new pair of jeans. i wished i wud shrink a little n fit in a smaller size, if u ask my mom, she says i hav been sayin it ever since.....

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

Oh My God!! It's like you've written down about my life. Books, fat outfits, blogs, laziness ..... It's uncanny, I tell you. Real uncanny.

Except the hair.

I would've apologized for the overreaction, but you know, it's hard. :P ...

p.s. can i blogroll you??

Kriti said...

//For someone who used to live in the library, practically the entire summer, the TV and the internet have truly wrecked havoc in my life. //
DITTO. Hmph.

And yea, I haven't done a single useful thing this summer. I've lazed at home too. Boy, are we alike or what? :D

Anonymous said...

Firstly - it's raining in London today, so I dont have my shades with me.... and as a result I have been blinded by the citric madness!.... but good to see that you have posted again :D

Secondly - dont say anything about Lazing and the Internet.... they are god's gift to humankind and should be worshipped....

Finally.... I cut my own hair (for the last 7-8 years) (and my brothers...) and no disasters yet.... so next time, swing around London - and it will be 600 bucks well spent! :D

Anonymous said...

actually, your updates don't show up on my reader (the widget i have on my sidebar)! :S

Reema said...

I've already commented on ur blog. So if u read my blog thank u so much.
And incase u dont, here is my blog
http://opinionsandexpressions.wordpress.com

and u r on my blog roll!! :D

P.S. I use this id to comment on blogspot blogs but u know where to find me.

Rainman said...

Yes, Google Reader is one of the best RSS feed readers around! I use it all the time too!

And, queen of procrastination, welcome to the club! ;-)

Vasanthan said...

thanks for the intro i am going to use Google reader from now on.

Google is becoming like "china" there is think in the world they can't do.

gina said...

love your layout- followed you here from your comment on how about orange.

I used to use a reader but it was too much pressure. Now I have a bloglist and I bounce around reading posts that the titles catch my interest. :)

Gayatri Bhadran said...

LOVED reading every single word of that! =)

add me on to your fan list miss. you shall hear from me more often!

keep writing, keep procrastinating.

don't cry over the bad hairdo. it will grow back. i know the feeling though, hang in there.

and about not getting clothes your size and having a mum half your size, I've been there too! =D i was 12 kgs overweight 2 years back. i know it is frustrating, but loosing flab is not all that hard, trust me! =) a good gym really works wonders!

how old are you, if you don't mind answering. I'm a curious cat, please bear with me =D

Anonymous said...

Oh i think your blog is simply fabulous.. Every word rang a bell (and in the end it was like a fire truck in my head). Its just wonderful that in the blogging world no matter what you say people will have something to say... LOL.


PS: You know who's posting this so call me.

Gomathy S said...

Hey I have similar hair like yours.. its wavy or curly.. but strangely I love my hair :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I so agree with point number 3. I am not really heavy. I just put on a few extra pounds and Gosh! I hate myself when I shop! :( Those bloody clothes dont just fit me anymore :(

Vaudevillian said...

Google is the new religion; haven't you converted yet?!

@biscuitinabasket
the everyday drizzle is killing me.
winter winter, where art thou?

- Sugar Cube - said...

Hey! Lol gosh ..I'm a little embarrased..heck look , I can't even spell that !
I've been reading your blog for sometime & I love reading it! But didn't have much to comment.I still wonder how'd ya have my link "powerdrunk.blogspot.com" , Its basically a hidden blog which never appears on my profile. I just have my blogroll over it.
I was a little surprised to see that you have mentioned it here & even asked to invite you to read my blog! Well , thank you is all I can say ..or no wait I really don't know what to say except for the fact that now you can read my blog :)

Ciao

Anonymous said...

i m a slave of bloglines...hehe
tho i m trying to focus only on my blog frnds blog for now...
i have become so lazy tht after reading the post i m too lazy to comment...so i mark the post as unread to remind me later...hehe
this post is an example :D
and have been consciously trying to stay away frm bloggging :D

The Keeper of the Keys said...

ok, if its of any help. it took me a week to read this. lol. am i mean or what?

your mom...LOL
your hair...LOL

google reader rocks. and lazing around the house rocks.

keep writing. its such good entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Shopping for clothes is difficult when you're heavy. And it's equally difficult when you're too thing. I wasn't able to find boys' jeans at Levis that would fit me. Beat that. And add to that a father who insists on going shopping with you and then insists that you try everything before you buy it. Usually my shopping trips end up with everyone shouting at each other and going home empty-handed. :P

And sitting at home and lazing around is something I'm great at. I mean, I can just keep lying in bed not doing anything what so ever for hours together. Write that book, I shall co-author it with you. And when it becomes a bestseller and we become rich, we'll buy identical Macbook Pro's! :D Talk about wishful thinking. :P

Haircuts, well, let's just not talk about that. That's one topic I tend to get very touchy at.

And Google Reader is God. It's God 2 actually. God 1 is Apple. :P

Anonymous said...

Google Reader rocks! :)

I have hair like that, too. One of these days, I'mma go bald...

That Squirrel said...

I can relate to the hair bit- I hate my hair most of the time!
So which books did you read?

Anonymous said...

If its not hair they are talking about its about how much weight they have gained... Phew!!! Do women take a break and feel good? (3 minutes in a day doesnt count!!!)If they are not asking us whether we love them, they are worried what we might think... phew!!!.. xxMe
;-)

Vadapoche said...

Thought u were busy, but looks like u seem to be doing so much

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

saying sorry is prolly d easiest thing to do babes! try it if u still havnt!makes u feel so good!

Pooja said...

Oh I am a new blogger and your tips on google readers turned out to be good for me!!

- Meghna

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

Well you and I both share the talent for procrastination. It's truly and artform.

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

I left you something on my blog!

Annabel said...

haha, don't worry, i totally get that shopping vibe. the only good thing about my mother when shopping is that she often feels sorry for me and foots the meagre bill should i actually find something decent!!

Anonymous said...

@ray
"ur posts on ur blog took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;"

yeah i'm sure they did. idiot.


..and in other news, RAMBHAI.com SPAM hits an all time low

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&complete=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=site%3Ablogspot.com+%22I+was+reading+ur+blog+posts+and+found+some+of+them+to+be+wow%22&btnG=Search



*yawn*

Anonymous said...

update:

guess what, I actually yawned after typing that.
funny business, this yawning.
can you believe that?!

Meeeowwww.. said...

Hey your blog is awesome! I ve sent you a mail asking for some help in doing my blog!! Let me know if you are free!!

flygye12 said...

why's ur feed not wroking?

flygye12 said...

why's ur feed not working?

Anonymous said...

I want to share claim to elevating laziness to an art form.

No really, I am an ace at it!

krissybee14 said...

I love reading your post... I can relate to it very much...


love*ice

hosting review

lemon said...

@bungz
ya i know, igoogle is way cool!

and ya, we should make plans :)

@capt.jack
crack!

@animated junk
i dont think the quality is declining..its jus that there are way more authors now, so to find the good ones is a bit of a task!

@ Readin habit,,oh i suffer that too, especially wen i got into readin blogs, its tuff to get bak to readin a book, n for sum wierd reason, i do hav a feelin the quality of authors is declining.
Shoppin.. its more than a year i got myself a new pair of jeans. i wished i wud shrink a little n fit in a smaller size, if u ask my mom, she says i hav been sayin it ever since.....

@Rambunctious WhipperSnapper
lol..really..we're alike? :)

@wild iris
lol..i know!

@biscuit in a basket
citric madness--ahh, i like that..it can be my new blog title..

:)

and thanks for the offer of the hair cut, the next time i'm in the uk, i'll definitely take u up on that one!

@lavanya
really? they show up for others who have that widget..strange..

@reema
i do read your blog! thanks :)

@brat
thanks! :) hope ther's place for me, and the rest of me that cant fit into clothes in a changing room!

@vasanthan
yup..its the world's newest dominatrix! love it though :)

@gina
love your layout too!

jumping around works too, but sometimes you miss out on the goos stuff, that's why a reader is always useful

@gayatri
i'm 19 :)
really? tell me how you did it..the 12 kilos that is.
Gyms don't work for me..trust me, i've tried!

@daisy blue
:) lucky you! just i'll just have to learn to love mine too!

@world thru my eyes
i know..the changing room episodes are one of the worst ones.

@metrosexual monk
i think its pretty obvious that i have, considering that fact that i said "I love my google reader"

@n
:) i spotted it in my stat section..and i read all the blogs that i find ther, and yours was the only one i hadn't read..thanks!! :)

@humbl devil
blogging can become addictive after a point..but ya, commenting makes me lazy too :P

@nids
google reader does rock! :)
and dont laugh at my hair :P (kidding, laugh all u want!)

@ish
talk about wishful thinking, alright! :)

the same things happens when i do shopping too, end up buying nothing!! :)

@vpande
my grandmom jus told me that the other day!
don't worry..we'll form a club! :)

@anju
lipstick jungle-candace bushnell
francesca's party - patricia scanlan
I'm a slave to chick lit!

@jollyroger
:)

@gunj
i know! something u have to learn the hard way though

@meghna
you're welcome! :)

@puzzle
thanks a ton! that was so sweet :)

@annie
lol, with my mom, its the same expect she feels guilty that she's bought lots whereas i haven't!

@ray
get off my blog you spammer!

@anony
thanks for the heads up about the spammer! :)

psst..who are you??

@aj
thanks :)

@flygye12
it is working! :)

@chandni
lol..i believe you..we can share the crown! :)

@krissy
thanks :)

Spacegirl said...

hey
u write well lemonade! keep it coming!
n imagine my surprise when i see the very same comment that "ray" left me, on your blog too... talk about shit...
anyway, happy blogging and blog-reading!

Neha said...

You, my friend, are my soul sister!! Every SINGLE point, from the hair to the shopping to the blog reading...is just soooooo ME!!! Laziness runs in my blood and procastination is my one and only topic of expertise!!

Henceforth, you're my new blog buddy!! Hehe!

Good writing there!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks