Friday, June 27, 2008

Smile

I'm in a weirdly happy mood. The kind that makes you smile for the tiniest things. The same kind where you're thankful for all the simple things in life.

Like old family photos.

Deliciously delightful french songs.

The joy of being able to do nothing all day.

That five minutes you believe in love after you watch a perfect chick flick.

The absence of the cell phone ringing.

That feeling when you realize that you already have the song that you've been frantically searching for on the internet for the past three days.

Licking chocolate off of your fingers.

Singing along loudly to cheesy old songs.
(Let me emphasize on the 'loudly' on that last sentence!)

Being able to put these feeling down.
(Not well, but at least I'll know that there were days like these when I'm down in the dumps!)


Anyway, I guess its just one of those days, or nights rather, considering that fact that its happens to be almost 4 in the morning!

To all you guys and to all the little things that make you smile. I know you know what I'm talking about.

Happy Friday!

14 comments:

Sig said...

Ohhhh Lemon...this post cheered me up so much :D I remember that feeling (where had it gone??? :P) and yes I do half those things too... :)

Have a great weekend!

Rainman said...

Yes, those days when you can wake up late, laze around all day with cups of coffee, reading a book in bed, when joy seems to be in the air :-)

vini said...

it's nice to be blank...to feel the emptiness and yet revel in it.

nice post!

Animated Junk said...

ya its a gr8 feelin like when u smell the aroma of mom's food. we u watch the full moon from the terrace. the feel after a long chit chat with a gud friend. the happy tears that trickle down in those "happily ever after movies.

Anonymous said...

Such a happy little post! Cheered me up. :)

Nice blog.
Good day!

Reema said...

The feelings u have managed to pen down are really great..Nice post.

p.s. I left comments on ur earlier posts. Hope u got them.

Lavanya said...

Oh i love french songs! I learned french in the alliance (it was level one part one) and the teacher taught us these incredibly funny french rhymes. I remember this one about this prince rather vividly though, it was hilarious.

happy post! :D

And i saw the blogmeet pics, i feel terrible now that I missed it..!! Cha!! Screw exams! :(

Anonymous said...

Licking chocolates off my fingers.. :D I love it... :D

humbl devil said...

keep smiling!!!

Anonymous said...

You're so right. I believe in all the little things that make you life. That's where happiness exists, in small things.

There's this yellow tree close to my house and it's leaves always keep falling on a guy who stands below it and sends Lemon for Rs. 6. It always makes me smile for some reason.

Gomathy S said...

One more day to go.. :)
Nice blog with a cute layout..adding you to my blogroll..

Poonam Sharma said...

I have never heard French songs, for simple reason that I would not understand. But I am curious to know which "perfect chicklit movie" are you talking about? :)

lemon said...

@sil
glad that it did sil :)

@brat
yup! i'd agree to all those things except the coffee! :P

@vini
god..u put that so perfectly! :)

@reema
thank you so much and yup i did :)

@coconut chutney
i went to alliance too..level one and two..don't remember much though except the yummy mousse from yusuf's canteen :)

@joel
lol :)

@humbl devil
:)

@ish
one lemon for 6 rupees..seriously??

@daisy blue
thank you so much :) nice to see u here

@poonam
oh..its called 'definitely maybe'..damn cute..u should watch it! :)

Anonymous said...

i guess laughter wil be ur only reason to CRY ! Do u knw the best eg for 'randomness at its best'. me just browsing thro blog communities in orkut n accidentally reading this ! anyways a very bubbly post :) cheers n smiles all the way ...