Thursday, September 27, 2007

A year and 3 days old!

Only I would think that the 24th of September is actually the 23th of September and realize only on the 25th of September which happens to be two whole days ago!

I cant believe I missed my first blogiversary!! It serves me right though..I've been a bad bad lurker these past few weeks! A year in the blogosphere already! I'm gonna go the cliched way as say that it feels like just yesterday, because its true..it does feel like just yesterday. This also probably has to have been the most eventful year as well. So much has happened in the span of this one year that trying to encompass it all in one post would definitely not do it justice, so its definitely the lazy me who's talking when I say that I'm not even going to try!

Work has been all consuming of late and is truly terrible. College is seriously draining the shit outta me. Is it weird that I feel like an over worked sloth on a daily basis?! Yes, I'm sure that it is obvious that I'm beyond fed up, which is actually pretty ironic, because I haven't even grazed the upper layer of the obscene amount of work that lies in front of me. There are just too many distractions around. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

The blogability of the crap that is going on in my life is at an all time low, so for once, I have nothing to talk about. How exactly is this possible? A couple of weeks away from this space and even that single drop of writing ability that I had in my body seems to have completely evaporated!

Yes, I am aware that I am a whiner in addition to being a big time slacker!

Ugh, I just went back to my first post and I feel like such an idiot! Isn't it funny how we all started out in the blog world with no expectations,nothing in mind and suddenly a year later, we see ourselves looking back and realizing what a long way we've come and how many awesome
friends we've made on our way.

Friends whom we've never met, friends whom we've never spoken to, but friends whom we care so much about that our day is incomplete until we go see what they're up to. Its funny, though I've never met any of you guys I somehow feel that unique intangible bond that we share. The bond that makes it ok to know your secrets, and obviously that bond that makes it ok for me to tell you mine. The blogging community is truly one of a kind, and you have no idea how grateful I am to be a part of it. I don't know how many people I've recommending blogging to in this past year and to think just a year ago I had little or clue about what it was!

There's this song called ' A Lifetime' that I discovered last year just around this time, and every time I listen to that song it takes me back to those first few months when I started blogging and I have to say that it really is an awesome feeling, although the song is not even remotely connected to blogging, or writing or whatever...every time I listen to it..its like it transports me back to that time, probably because I was listening to it 24/7 for those first few months.

Click on the play button and listen to it..I promise you'll love it! You'll love it so much that you'll probably want to come all the way to Chennai and hug me because I just introduced you to the awesomeness that is 'Better Than Ezra'!

Powered by AOL Video


Or watch it here!

Anyway..I think I have to go now and sit on my work like a chicken hoping that it'll magically hatch one day and out will come as A's on my report card.

Toodles!!

21 comments:

abhartiya said...

work has it all!
i can safely bet for howsoever u feel like cuz tis the same with me...

anyways, ur blog's one year old..sounds cool..aint it..though a bit weird to me! :P just in case, u think how pervert a guy i am, lemme congratulate u for this achievement :P

cheers..tc!

Keshi said...

Happy FIRST Lemonade!

I like the way u wrote this post...we hv never met yes, but we hv formed strong connections here in Blogville..we r now a daily part of each others' lives. Beautiful isnt it!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Happy first anniversary, Lemonade!

You're so right about the we don't expect anything when we start blogging part. I felt the same way. When I started my blog, I never expected somebody to read it, but now I just can't survive without people reading and commenting. So much changes with time.

Here's hoping you'll continue blogging till the time your body and brain permits and maybe that'd be forever. Hope your work chicken hatches soon! :)

Manick said...

Nice blog with cool colors. Great template. Keep up the good work.

I got your link from reviewmyblog, which has stopped reviewing blogs recently.

Regards,
Assess My Blog

catmiester said...

Lemmoonnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Ure finally back!!
god !! I missed u!


We all have a two lives... one the real one and the other here in cyber space. I cannot clearly decipher which one is the real me, but I know one thing for sure, that here I release every single frustration, problem, thought I have. everything which I cant do during my daily existence.

And as a friend whom I havent even met... u are precious, coz ure simply thereto listen.

Congrats on the Ist anniversary...
my sweet blogger friend!
Luv ya!

Michelle said...

aww happy blogaversary...lol i never really acknowledged blogavarsaries on my blog (or have i?) cuz its been over two 3 yrs...man thts long!! :P and yes, i agree how we've never even met and still share this wonderful bond...u know even tho ive only seen pics of u, i see this girl on my way to college everyday, and she dusn look like u but she reminds me a LOT of u LOL i dunno why though but i call her lemony (in my head) hhehehe

amna said...

happy anniv lemon :)

i feel that intangible bond too.. its spooky at times and glorious at other :)

Vadapoche said...

Congratulations!!!!! My blog turned 1 yesterday!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS HOW YOU BEEN?

Anonymous said...

I dont like pink!

curryegg said...

Haha... happy anniversary for your blog lemonade.. ;)

Unknown said...

yeah! u r right about the friends one has made (/blogrolled) during the web journalling experience... its a one of a kind experience... care to tell us what made u start bloggin? or make a blogpost out of it to counter the "nuthin to blog about" phenomenon "someone" seems to be suffering from ;)

Sig said...

Heya Lemon!! Yes I've been bad and been lurking around too which is why I haven't commented earlier!

Happy Blogiversary!! heheh....1 year does go by quickly doesn't it??

to many more years if blogging about randomness :P

BTW - I tagged you muahahahaa

:D

praveen said...

hi...congrats for ur first blogiversary....keep on rocking... :D

Dimple Nangia said...

congrats! :)
im sure all of us can relate to that post... truly blogosphere is amazing :)

miss *ann said...

congrats on the 'versary! :)

Ragamalika said...

Sexy blog... Nice layout! Will wait for more from you..

zoot said...

Happy be-lated blog birthday and also - Happy De-Lurking day!

Unknown said...

Happy blog-o-versary!

By the way, I have tagged you...you can do it if you want :)

Nikki Neurotic said...

Good 90's tune. :)

Saira said...

Lemon's,i just love to go through your writing but never thought i'll pop out some day to reveal my identity.Must say, Better than Ezra's just awesome Maam.Thanks a lot for introducing that song to me and it sure's a mood lifter n i was in gr8 demand for such stuffs!we r really waiting to hear more from you.