Saturday, July 07, 2007

Born on a sunny day, beneath a tangerine sky..

Yes I'm back and yes I've been lazy..so what else in new?
From all that I have read, procrastination seems to be a guilty pleasure of all us bloggers!

Got back from the land of the elephants (is that what its called?) on Tuesday and I haven't been able to get off my ass which I'm sure has gained about twenty pounds in ten days of gorging on everything edible that was in a five meter radius from from I was! The food was seriously good and the shopping was was even better..!! Went primarily for a wedding, which was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen..damn fancy...place cards, poached pears, 5 different forks, sushi, the works! Also went partying..which I think was the most significant part of the trip because I went to more night clubs in four days than I probably will go to in the next ten years. Just so you know..I'm the kind of person who'll sit in a corner at a party with her arms folded..so this was a huge step for me..I mean I like wanted to go out there and dance ( and I cant dance for peanuts!!) which was so incredibly weird because I hate dancing..I think it was the Lankan air that did it to me because I'm pretty sure that I don't see myself being so uninhibited here! I think its just something about a foreign country that does it to you..okay, Sri Lanka doesn't exactly qualify as foreign for us Indians but you get my point, right?

My attempt at taking touristy photos was in vain but I did manage to get a few that weren't quite so terrible in Kandy, so will put them up when I get them..I'm off now..the long absence from using my brain has led to it freezing which in turn has led to its inability to think of anything to say here!

PS: While listening to the radio in Colombo, I heard this song called "Lemonade" by Chris Rice and I couldn't help but grin like a fool! (Thats where the title for this post came from!) I have to add that the radio in Sri Lanka is far superior to any city in India..they have 11 English stations playing awesome music 24/7..! Fantastic food, fabulous shopping and fantabulous music, what more could you ask for?!

19 comments:

Sig said...

Aww...sounds like you had a great time!! Makes me want to go there now lol. I'm hoping to come to South India maybe end of Jan next year for my best friend's wedding!!! So might hope over to SL while I'm there :D

Dimple Nangia said...

cool seems like you had a gr8 time :-) i really like ur designs. and don't worry , i guess with practice, we'll get used to the stupid auto wallas and other maniac drivers :D
prison break surely rocks!
thanks for visiting my blog

Anonymous said...

I love Sri Lanka!!! I went to Colombo for an engagement and I ate like a damn PIG!!! This is despite the fact that I am vegetarian!!! PHEW!!! Thanks for giving me the memories of that trip, I have to explore the country more, I didn't have time the last trip... I should go a visiting again!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time, and to think Chris Rice is singing songs about you...rocking.

I totally understand hating dancing but still trying to dance. I live in Punjab and in here, we celebrate marriages in a lavish fashion...like really lavish and though I've been to many marriages, I've never danced at even one. It's because I'm always way too conscious about myself and you can't enjoy dancing until you can be carefree. Then came my 1st cousins marriage this year and I danced at like all the three functions. And danced like shit at that. I'm totally sure I'll not dance ever again. Well..maybe I will at my other cousins marriage but I can never imagine myself in a discotheque and it's a pity :(

We don't even have FM here in Ludhiana. There's only All India Radio and the only english song they seem to have heard is Don't Phunk With My Heart by Black Eyed Peas. They keep playing it day after day..week after week.

Bhoploo said...

I absolutely hate dancing too. I find it sad that not dancing at parties is considered to be socially unacceptable behaviour by most. Thank god for alcohol.

Bhoploo said...

P.S. thanks for the comments on the blog:)

Nikki Neurotic said...

Glad you made it home safely. Sounds like a truly awesome trip, I'm glad that you had a lot of fun.

KAYLEE said...

GLAD YOU ARE BACK SAFELY!!! sounds like you had fun:)

Angad Singh said...

you went dancing to a night club? tsk tsk...i feel like i don't know you anymore.....

Shayeri said...

whoa! fun!
i love going to other countries. and sri lanka sounds like a gala party!
:)

bornfortheu.s.a said...

looks like you had a great time!! it's high time i went on a holiday myself...

X said...

WOW.
cool blog.
great template.
ossum writing.

im still in shock.
dont stop writing.ever.

cheers!!

Anonymous said...

good to c u back miss congeniality ;)

Amandeep Singh said...

someone looks very happy and had a great great Trip!!!
Wb..
n show us the pics!

Sandeep Sundaram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matangi Mawley said...

good post.. n nice tht u had a really cool trip!
keep posting!

amna said...

nice to have u back lemon :)

lemon said...

@sil
I did! and you definitly have to go sil..I'm sure U'll love it!

@poison Ivy
Thanks for visiting mine :)

@Lizzie
U should..! and then maybe when we do that whole blogger meeting thing..we can go together ;)

@ish
"Dont phunk with my heart"..??! ha ha ha..I hate that song..that's really sad..!
I think there's something about wedding that makes you dance..think its the fact that u cant really embarrass yourself in front of family that lets you go of your inhibitions.

@nishaan
OMG..that is so true..not bout the alcohol..bout the other thing!

@silver neurotic
thanks...the trip really was awesome! :)

@kaylee
i did! :)

@sharanx182
hehehe..come on now..lets not get ahead of ourselves!

@shayeri
sri lanka's good fun..you should go with a bunch of friends..

@neo
treat urself for your birthday :)

@mihir
wow! that's really sweet..thanks a ton :)

@dream catcher
Miss congeniality..??! really..?! :)

@stand by mind..
They're on their way :)

@matangi
Thanks :)

@N
nice to have you back too man :)
hope you feeling better..

babylamb said...

sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait to see some pictures.