Saturday, July 14, 2007

blogger blues

God..its at the weirdest of times and and the weirdest of places where I wish I had a blogger compose page embedded in my brain and the ability for it to automatically type out what I'm thinking..because when I actually sit at the computer, whatever I want to say doesn't come out the way its supposed to..supposed to referring to what I had been originally thought of saying..and all this supposed 'thinking' had been going on at the aforementioned 'weirdest of times'..!

Ok..I swear I won't write sentences that are that long anymore..I ran out of breath just by reading it..in my mind!!

So easy to jump to another topic isn't it..anyway..let me jump right back..so..as I was saying..every time I think, I start to think in terms of the way I would write...which is incredibly strange because even when doing something as simple as forming an opinion for myself..I begin rephrasing it so that it fits into my writing (oh look at me with the 'my writing' and all! who am I kidding?! ) But seriously..instead of thinking "WOW, this cake is YUMM..!!"... I'm thinking "Whoa, I can totally see myself devouring this single piece of cake for the rest of my life, that's how scrumptious it is..!!!" ( with the excessive use of the exclamation marks, as always)
Ok..so I'm thinking in bigger sentences and more descriptive words..thats good,right..? But the thing is..I never get around to actually putting that stuff into my writing because as soon as I sit in front of the keyboard..it seems like every funny or witty or sensible bone in my body disappears and all that I am left with, is a jelly like mass of crappy words..like the one's you're reading right now!!

Its funny how something you would never have given a second thought to before consumes you with such an intensity ( I'm thinking in compose page language,for heavens sake) in a matter of a few months. Yeah..I'm talking about blogging. It has become such a huge part of me which is bizarre because no one in my life even knows about it...is it weird keeping something that you value so much a secret..? The thing I can't imagine letting my friends read it..because I'm sure that the first thing that they would do is let out a rather loud guffaw which would inevitably lead to uncontrollable laughter and would eventually end with a string of snorts! Yeah..so I guess I'm doing the right thing by not telling anybody, its just that its becoming a harder secret to keep nowadays...

I guess I have to leave you now cause my mother's going to have a damn fit if I don't get off the computer at this very instant!! But what I'm actually thinking is..."Ok..so..I gotta go!" (Do you see how this works?)

19 comments:

Ab said...

not really... actually didn read. not in a mood to. but iv grown a fascination for empty comment spaces!

What's In A Name ? said...

the thing u said abt havin a composer in our head...goes true for me too! U hava lovely blog here. Count me in as a regular visitor now. And waa....a colorful one at that too.....no wonder u bagged the prize.

KAYLEE said...

THATS SO TRUE I COULD USE THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blogg and I can't imagine anyone laughing at it as you say your frinds would. I love the way you write It's honest and personal and it leaves us regular visitors wanting more more..more! And you make your own layouts..wow!

confessing7girl said...

thats ok girl i love to read ur really long sentences!! i admire u for expressing urself in so many words i cant do that myself and i think that it sucks!! sometimes i would want to express my feeling a little more passionately but im at loss for words!!!!! :)
as for keeping ur blog secret mine is too!! its hard sometimes i just wanna say ... u know im famous i hv a blog... hehehe:D but then i think how i love to get free speech without having anyone jumping on me or laughing on me!! :D so i keep my mouth shut! :D

Sneha P said...

this is like every bloggers truth....
and this has permeated to every aspect of my life..
like i went for a music program..and i was actually thinking in my mind "Dude was a wierd mix of ppl" and immediately rephrased in more acceptable terms like so.."Music transcends all barriers of age, race and sex".....i mean pretentious na!!!(*rolls eyes*)...
and ya..secret...i gave up after a bit...but only a few friends know about it...they respect the fact that i dont like too many ppl to know about it...
maybe that will work for u as well.....
neway...
ur blog is always gr8 to read...
cheers girl!!

Sandeep Sundaram said...

i 2 have the same problem
i want 2 ryt loadz , but i end up typing some crap r nuthin in d page [:(]
but i am more than surprised tht u have tht probs u sound 2be a natural ryter, seems lyk wrds come very naturally 2 u when u ryt ...
neways u ryt well

Anonymous said...

I really think you are overreacting by thinking that your friends are gonna laugh at this.

Its a great blog and great design. Did u do it yourself?

Princess Banter said...

I'm the same way as you -- my head is always filled with all these thoughts I want to articulate but once I get the chance to, zippppp... head's completely blank! It's like my mental capacity has gone shy or something ;) Keep writing, m'dear. You know what they say... the best writings come from the heart, not from the mind :)

Dimple Nangia said...

My first thought after reading this post was "Hey.. me too! Cool"
i am a life blogger and everytime im doing something.. or observing something.. i have started thinking in the way i'm going to describe that particular observation.. in a blog-composed way as u said.
And i too really have a fear of my friends laughing at me when they read my blog and use it against me somehow just to tease me. only the people i trust realy know about the blog and they're really sweet abt it :d

bornfortheu.s.a said...

hey i knw exactly how you feel...i found a solution to that though...now i always carry a small scribble pad with me...so whenever i have these thought processes...i just jot down the gist of it...n that helps me compose the sentences when i post...try that...

Alok said...

oh man, tht was sum real insight into the art of blogging. Kudos for tht post, and dont wrry, for all your blues, u do just fine. Cheers

Anonymous said...

umm... you think nobody knows about your blog? this after having so many people drop in a word to what you have to say? interesting...
I gotta agree with you kid, sometimes you just wish what was in your head would just compose itself with one thought from you... unfortuantely we arent that tech advanced yet... i for one can definitely wait!

Tucson Hydrocontrols said...

wohooo!.. one more thin in common.. my friends keep shooing me off for using "ntelish".. :(

maybe there is a support group for people ostracised cuz of their blog lanugage!

n i tried finding pics.. no avail! :( CORBIS SUCKS!.. see what you can do without pics..

Keshi said...

here's one fan of ur blog n YOU. :) HUGGGGGGGZ!

My mum hates it when Im on the computer at home. thats why I hardly blog from home.

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! It happens with me too sometimes, I'm not able to write what I mean and it ends up becoming totally something else. Also I became a reader's blogger which means I used to write things in a way my readers would like reading it. So I'm changing that now because that way I'd lose my identity. And to a blogger, identity is everything. So now I write down whenever something comes to my mind and hence my post comes out in parts..half of it in the middle of the night and the other half in the middle of the maths lecture.

Sig said...

ello darling!!! didn't realise you had anew post up :D

Heheh I know that feeling all too well - if mine was plugged on all the time, my posts would be truly insane.

lol said...

ya seriously.
i wish there was a blogger client in my head..
especially when im on the commode..
where i do most of my serious thinking

lol said...

ya seriously.
i wish there was a blogger client in my head..
especially when im on the commode..
where i do most of my serious thinking