Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A little too soon

Today was not a good day.

600 students standing around a bunch of candles and a picture of a girl who left just a little too early. 

A junior of mine from college, passed away on Saturday.

But it wasn't until today that it actually hit us.


18 is not an age to go. In fact, its very far away from an age to go. But then again, if there's anything I've learnt in the recent past, its that, anything, good or bad is all a part of the big picture. Now that picture maybe a beautiful Degas, or a scary Edvard Munch or a freaking chaotic Jackson Pollock, but its still our picture to make, and all the little bits of paint over the years add up at the end of it all.

Now her picture is probably done and all ready to be placed on a hook at the Met, but knowing her and the way she affected our lives, is a little bit of paint on our big pictures. And its fuchsia.

A color we'll definitely miss.


PS: She was a wonderful poet. Please drop by her blog and leave her a message. I'm sure it would mean a lot to her.

16 comments:

The Keeper of the Keys said...

ZOMG. This post and her latest poem gave me the shivers.
Dammit. Why do all the nice people have to go?
May she rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

May she rest in peace... I agree with Nids, I don't know why the youngs hv to go so soon. I believe in destiny, but she was too young. it's unimaginable... no words to say much now.. I am so sorry for your lost, Lemonade.. Take care.

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

I am sorry to hear of this loss. She was so young. Rest in peace

Anonymous said...

Mridula was my batchmate in school. She was the SPL, very popular, very talented and a really nice girl. I wasn't her friend or anything, just an acquaintance. When I got a message from one of my friends that she had passed away, I was zonked. I still am. It's scary. She had her whole life ahead of her.
But from what I've heard, she had been diagnosed with depression for a year, the medicated variety of depression.
The only person who knows the real reason behind her death is her.

This world is so screwed up. And scary.

Anonymous said...

Sniff.
Nice people die young.
RIP.

Mystique said...

how?

Anonymous said...

i visited her blog -- wonderful poet, indeed. may she rest in peace.

take care, lemonade.

Vasanthan said...

god got selfish and greedy and impatient. he kept her for himself.

Varsha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Its very sad. Life is so fickle, you never know what happens when.

Ambrosia said...

Gosh, you just never know do you?

YL said...

I mourn for her.

R.I.P.

Anonymous said...

So they come, So they go...Life!!!

Kriti said...

Thanks, Lemon. It did me a whole lot of good visiting her blog. And hopefully she'll know that.
*sigh*
RIP

catmiester said...

lemon... so sorry to read about ure college mate... babe... life has a funny way of doing the unexpected... take care

Shayeri said...

hey! i think my blog background picture has expired or something. i only see a white background now. can you help?