Thursday, November 15, 2007

Post 5 - That twisted imperfect way..

You know there are times in your life when you just look around and realize how lucky you are. Like seriously, things may not be conventionally perfect , but they are perfect in that 'twisted imperfect' way they are....

....And then you remember that this isn't going to last forever, hell its not even going to last long enough for you to completely appreciate it. I've noticed that the whole point of life are those little bouts of happiness that we so ardently strive towards. When things are hard, you do whatever you can to make them all right, so ultimately you can be happy. I mean whatever you're in pursuit of…money, material gain, if you're looking for something emotionally, if you're looking to yourself for answers, looking for another person..whatever it is..happiness is the ultimate thing we're all looking for. And when what you're looking for happens...that tiny sense of satisfaction, that smile on someone's face, that tear of joy on someone's cheek, is obviously the root of that happiness that you experience. So as I was saying, we look for happiness and when we find it, we cannot hold onto it, however much we want to and however hard we try. Eventually something in our lives has to go wrong again and things are back to the sad, annoying, depressing way they were earlier and then before you know it, you're back to square one..trying to make everything all better again. But don't worry cause happiness is just round the corner, the only difference is..its either a long or a short street before that turn each time.

I'm the kind of person who for happiness in the future. Whenever I want to be happy..I try looking into the future and imagining things being the way I've always imagined them to be. But the truth is, I think of the future so much that sometimes I forget about the present. This reminds of some poem we learnt in school with the lamb or a bird or someone dying or something. Isn't it amazing how quickly we forget things?! I could have swore I knew that poem by heart and now I don't even remember its name!

I like nights like these, when I'm sitting and don't have to force the words to come out of the ends of my fingertips, listing to mellow music and trying to figure out what this mystery called life is about. I've been pretty unsuccessful in the past and I don't ever think I'll figure it out but it doesn't hurt to imagine that you know the whole purpose of existence. And not just mine, anyone's for that matter. Right now things in my life are perfect..the twisted imperfect I was talking about earlier. I'm at this point where I'm so happy with the way things are going, that I cant help but wonder what will be the thing will be that'll ruin it this time. I'll admit that I'm a pessimist but come on you've got to admit that happiness is never constant..it comes as and when it pleases to remind u of the point if life, to remind you not to give up, to fight for that next little nano second of happiness because, lets face it, it's the only thing that keep us going.

6 comments:

Sig said...

ahhh lemon - ur thinking too much :P

take a look around u and see what u have now and u might realise that it may not be much - but it probably is better from the past - even the bad things have made u learn

who knows what the future holds - it's all good to plan and dream but don't forget about NOW :D

Anonymous said...

sad things in life are inevitable. you won't be able to enjoy happiness because both of these are relative feelings you can't do much about.

Dipti said...

i am a dreamer too, i find happiness in the future too. that just says we are optimists yeah..

enjoy this twisted-happiness as long as it lasts..actually..twisted-happiness can last forever unless something really wrong happens..which i hope doesn't! it's just about finding something good out of everything. something good..anything...small or big.. life is just about consoling yourself and others around that 'something better is out there' and FOR SURE...it's just about believing in your good future..

only when times are very rough..you do need someone around..and if you have that someone..anyone - a friend..a lover.. parents..siblings...anyone who knows and understands what you are going through.. then life is not as bad as it seems at times.

keep dreaming if it helps you sail swiftly and happily though the present..

Adicrazy said...

The truth is, we have no idea what's ACTUALLY going to happen. I guess we have to live with it, right?

Irritating, isn't it?

:)
Great post.

amna said...

wow! that was some serious stuff. just one area i cud relate to. like u live in the future, i tend to go back to the past a lot. its disastrous and sometimes suicidal. yet i do it. So be glad u are looking ahead and not at something u have no control over.

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully written. Really, happiness is the only thing which matters at end of the day. But it's a sad fact that a person doesn't get all that he wants at a single instance of time. The strength to get over ur sadness is imp in life too..a soul can be more happy then ...