Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm all spruced up..Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!

Title- to be sung in tune to 'All shook up' by Elvis..like Duh!

Ah..the perfect time to write a post, while sitting and soaking your feet in warm soapy water at the salon..but I've got to admit that typing a post out on the cell is certainly what I cut it out to be..PAINFUL! Hmmm...you know I've never gotten the whole spa massage thing..somehow having a person you barely know dig their fingers into your back for an hour doesn't exactly appeal to me..same goes for the pedicure I'm having right now, I've half to mind to tell her to stop massaging my feet but the fact that I've already paid for it stops me. ( Yeah I'm a miser, big surprise!)

A couple of minutes ago, there were these two kids here who decided to entertain themselves while waiting for their mothers to finish up with their various beauty treatments by standing a foot away from me and staring at me..made me feel like an alien..I didn't know that kids have that effect on people..I mean I've felt that way many times courtesy the variety of snobs and bitches of Chennai but never by a couple of kids..I tried smiling at them, but they had apparently picked the perfect time to listen to their parents' 'never-talk-to-or-smile-at-strangers' rule.

Things have finally settled down in my life..made up with a friend with whom I have this love/hate relationship, launched the designs site which is doing pretty well, I might add...leaving on a trip tonight..took a quiz in the current issue of Femina which confirmed any false notion that I had about myself being a free bird! So I guess I'm set..at least for the next couple of weeks ..hopefully I'll be able to discover a bit of myself on this trip..yea, that's probably wishful thinking but you cant blame me for wanting to start on the road to self discovery this early in life right?

Oooh, gotta go...time to pick a shade of nail polish...always the best part of a pedi, ain't it..?!

21 comments:

That Girl said...

hello you lemony girl
just wanted to say, that you have an AWESOME design blog!! im mostly the publishing designer types and thats what i go to work for ..lol.. but i love nice blog designs!
i read your "100 things" post and im wondering if i went to the same college as you did *wink wink*!
It was the only college then which had Fine Arts...im sibling less just like you too.. theres SO much more thats similar !! its crazy!

Sneha P said...

random..is rite babe...
tho a pedicure...is nice when u just sit back, close ur eyes and relax..
just wanted to say..
and u typed this post on the phone...*news flash*-u're hopelessly addicted!!
have a gr8 trip..looking forward to ur post-lanka blogs...they're going to be amazingly interesting i'm sure...
cheers...njoy!!

Anonymous said...

wow!! is the word for ur blog!!! damn good template..damn good design..!

a chennai gal n so much talent lethal..
romba good!!

confessing7girl said...

hey girl u hv an award waiting for u in my blog!!!

KAYLEE said...

GREAT BLOG YOU HAVE:-)

bornfortheu.s.a said...

u typed this on the phone?? man! my fingers would've started throbbing! enjoy the little trip!

curryegg said...

Hey girl! You had done the nail polish? Wow... I guess it must be great right? haha...
And you're really a talented graphic designer. Can I have 1 too? hehe..
Keep on girl!

:D

curryegg said...

Oh ya.. You went to Malaysia before?
Really? And sunway pyramid too?
Wow! Will you come again?
:)

Michelle said...

lol...i love pedis...bt this one time i went to this really expensive place and they had only guys do ur pedi...it was really weird!! and i like home pedis more because i get tickled at the drop of a hat so wen my feet are being massaged, i start giggling lol

confessing7girl said...

ahhhhhhhhh im soo jealous of u!!! i want a massage!!!!! i dont hv one in like ages!!!!! i feel old and tired need some relaxing massage!!!!! pedis i love it!! except when all i want to do is giggle and set my foot free!!! :D hehe

Shayeri said...

ah, the glories of being a woman, you get to do all these manicrues, pedicures, facials and blah blah.
they put me off. :(
somehow the idea of a "massage" is very weird for me.

i've started reading your blog from the first post onwards (something i do when i like a blog). it's great deal of fun. :]

when are you coming back to help me with the skin?

curryegg said...

Oh ya lemonade, have you visited the blogskins website?

Anonymous said...

I never knew you were a manicure pedicure person. Anyway it's good. And about kids, rather than trying to smile, try to frown and then go away bored. Always works for me but then I've never had kids staring at me in a salon or something. Hell I've never even been to one.

Anyway, good luck to you and your fingers.

Sig said...

heheh having a mani/pedi is indeed lots of fun :) Hope you have great time on your trip - we want photos!

Anonymous said...

call me fool....

`NEFTY said...

I hate it when kids stare at me too! So I give stick my tongue out at them:]]

Keshi said...

on the phone? WOW!

Nail-polish I luuuuurve ;-)

Keshi.

Monika D. said...

i like your blog... and i gave you my vote for best blog design... :-)
i am new, so if you have time go and see my blog... bye

Keshi said...

btw I really luv the colors in ur blog...from where did u get this template?

Keshi.

Matangi Mawley said...

ha.. good post.. n hav a gr8 trip!

lemon said...

@grafx
thank you so much for visiting! and for the compliment! *beaming*
The college i go to doesn't have fine arts..but now I think i know which college you went to..lol

@vitruvian
I am hopelessly addicted..! no doubt there :)

@dream catcher
Thanks! :)
and we chennai girls are pretty good at what we do :P

@confessing girl
thank u so much sweeti!! :)
And yeah..all i do is giggle too!

@kaylee
thanks :)

@neo
beleve me..mine throbbed as well!

@curryegg
of course u can..mail me and we talk :)
i might come to malaysia again..bt m not sure when..

@mich
shit..me too..but thankfully m a regular there..so the girl who does it is used to my incessant giggling habit!

@shayeri
shit..m so embarrassed..my first few posts are so terrible..!

@ish
toes ish..lol

@sil
yes it is! and bout the photos..i'll try to put them up soon..

@nefty
u mean girl! :P

@kesh
me too..! :)
i got the template from this site called girliebits..u can find the link in my sidebar

@monique
love ur blog!
and thank u so much for the vote :)

@matangi
thanks..! and i did have a great trip :)



@